SAN JOSE — The Sharks will not have to wait long for their opening round playoff series against the Vegas Golden Knights to begin.The Sharks and Golden Knights will start their best-of-seven series Wednesday at SAP Center, with Game 2 on Friday. Both games are at 7:30 p.m. (PDT).The series shifts to T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for games 3 and 4 on April 14 and April 16, respectively. Game 3 is at 7 p.m. and Game 4 is at 7:30 p.m.Like our Sharks Facebook page for more San Jose Sharks news, …
After becoming a household name in South Africa as the lovable Bart in the SABC2 soap drama 7de Laan, actor Neil Sandilands is set to become a household name in the United States, landing regular roles in The 100 and a new series, Hap & Leonard.South African actor Neil Sandilands, best known for his role in the soapie 7de Laan is currently starring in two US television series. (Image: Sundance Channel)CD AndersonSandilands went to Los Angeles in 2007 to try his luck on the notoriously competitive acting circuit. In 2010, he featured in an episode of House MD, but soon ran out of luck. Returning to South Africa to star in a number of popular Afrikaans films, including the award-winning drama Die Ballade van Robbie de Wee, he returned to Hollywood in 2014, determined to make his mark.<br/>NEIL SANDILANDS REEL from Neil Sandilands on Vimeo.“I had to revert to other disciplines such as directing and post-production and sometimes built fences for my neighbours or some other unmentionable activities to simply keep the wolf at bay,” Sandilands told News24.ICYMI: “The 100′ Casts Neil Sandilands in Recurring Role for Season 3 http://t.co/SUk8Q8gtKz pic.twitter.com/VezmmJaopD— Twilightish (@Twilightish) July 24, 2015In January 2015, he had a recurring role on the 1980s-themed spy drama The Americans, which helped to boost his CV. From that, he landed two more regular roles on the teen sci-fi drama The 100 and a new series produced by Robert Redford’s Sundance TV channel called Hap & Leonard. It starts on 2 March 2016 in the US.While Sandilands struggled with rejection in Hollywood, describing the casting process as an “unforgiving craft”, his slow-burning tenacity has eventually paid off. “There’s no manual,” he explains about being an unknown actor in the Hollywood casting machine. “It is an inexact, non-verifiable science. I simply try to give it my all and be as best prepared as possible. I’m always off-book (not reading from the script). if you strike out on 99 half-truths, you may just sneak one moment of clarity past them.” Which is how he got the role on The 100.The 100Neil Sandilands – The 100 from Neil Sandilands on Vimeo.In The 100, a series about delinquent teenagers sent back to Earth 97 years after the apocalypse, Sandilands plays the role of Titus, political adviser and mythological flame-keeper of the Grounder organisation. He stars alongside other regular TV character actors such as Isaiah Washington (Grey’s Anatomy) and Paige Turco (Person of Interest).Reaction to Sandilands’ appearance on The 100 on South African television last month ignited Twitter, proving how popular his character on 7de Laan was locally:@njwsandilands when i saw your first episode of @cwthe100 me and my brother both shouted at the same time: Bart! Van 7deLaan! #SArepresent— Elle (@eldenelotter) February 16, 2016Watching #the100 and wondering why Titus looks so familiar and then it hit me.. Dis Bart van 7de Laan! @njwsandilands made me happy — Melissa Jaftha (@MelissaJaftha) March 2, 2016Big ups to “Bart” from 7de Laan a.k.a Neil Sandilands, fellow South African actor in #The100 Good job bra! #Proud— Ünçencøred Being (@CjUnicornLv) February 5, 2016Sandilands hopes that the show, now in its third season, will be renewed for a fourth and that his character’s pivotal role will remain relevant. “The show has grown exponentially (with a good social media presence). It has become hugely successful cult television,” says Sandilands.Hap & LeonardNeil Sandilands Hap & Leonard from Neil Sandilands on Vimeo.As the newest series for independent film and television network Sundance TV, Hap & Leonard is already gaining interest and industry buzz as one of the more innovative and well written TV dramas. Based on the cult books by Joe R Lansdale, described as “Elmore Leonard in Texas”, the show follows the adventures of two wise-cracking, crime-fighting best friends in the Lone Star State in the 1970s.Yes, meet the Crew!!!! Tomorrow night. #HapAndLeonard #SundanceTV. Season Premiere. Retweet the crap outa this. https://t.co/1MfQxuamJq— neil sandilands (@njwsandilands) March 1, 2016Sandilands plays Paco, a disfigured radical hippie on the run from the FBI who joins the two main characters in a search for sunken treasure. The cast includes Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) and Michael Kenneth Williams (Boardwalk Empire). Sandilands is looking forward to seeing the show challenge the already crowded and ever-evolving television narrative culture brought on by the rise of Netflix and HBO.Paco in the making. #hap&leonard #neilsandilands #Sundance #JR Lansdale. pic.twitter.com/h2tPMlkJmI— neil sandilands (@njwsandilands) May 28, 2015But would Sandilands consider returning to South Africa to star in local productions, and help the film and television industry operate on the same standard?“Absolutely,” he concludes, “it remains the work I am most naturally suited to do. (South Africa) is my motherland, Afrikaans is the tongue of my mother.”Neil Sandilands at the SundanceTV “Hap and Leonard” premiere party in NYC. #HapAndLeonard https://t.co/ctqWX2RI9K pic.twitter.com/TCoJ9oDs8n— Portroids (@portroids) February 27, 2016Source: News24Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.
GAB chair Abraham Kahlil Mitra welcomed the WBO’s decision to carry out a review, saying that even if that won’t change the outcome of the contentious bout, it will send a strong signal that any sign of leniency, abuse of authority or wrongdoing would not be tolerated.Valcarcel said five anonymous judges will review the bout, assigning their own scores to rounds.“Then, we will tabulate the results to ascertain clearly which rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 60, 80 and 100 percent,” Valcarcel added. “This means that three of the five officials have to agree to determine which fighter won the round.”Valcarcel supported the judges, who have each scored hundreds of fights: “The officials who participated in this fight are all professional, distinguished, honest and honorable human beings.”A similar case happened when Pacquiao lost to Timothy Bradley by split decision on June 9, 2012 in their first showdown at MGM Grand Garden Arena.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ LATEST STORIES Meralco, JPV battle for top spot Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Nikki Valdez rushes self to ER due to respiratory tract infection View comments Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong That time, judge Jerry Roth sided with Pacquiao, 115-113, but was overturned by judges CJ Roth and Duane Ford who both scored the bout 115-113 in Bradley’s favor.Due to howls of protest all over the world, a panel of competent judges was formed to review the tape of the fight.Eventually, all five men chose Pacquiao the winner and it was not even close, 117-111 twice, 118-110, 116-112 and 115-113. The panel’s decision was duly noted, but Bradley’s victory was never reversed. —WITH REPORTS FROM AP MOST READ Jeff Horn, left, of Australia and Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines fight during their WBO World welterweight title bout in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight world title to Horn in a stunning, unanimous points decision in the Sunday afternoon bout billed as the Battle of Brisbane in front of more than 50,000 people. (AP Photo/Tertius Pickard)He was at ringside when Jeff Horn was rewarded with a unanimous decision win over Manny Pacquiao. He was present at the post-fight conference which Team Pacquiao chose to skip.World Boxing Organization president Paco Valcarcel must have seen and felt that there were merits on the call for review of the scorecards by the Games and Amusements Board (GAB), which was endorsed by Pacquiao, that he acceded.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Manny Pacquaio attends church ahead of fight against Jeff Horn PLAY LIST 01:39Manny Pacquaio attends church ahead of fight against Jeff Horn01:17Pacquiao on Horn: ‘I never underestimate my opponent’01:06Palace: Up to MTRCB to ban animated movie Magellan in PH02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Valcarcel ordered the formation of a five-man independent panel that will re-score the tape of “Battle of Brisbane” to find out whether Horn really did enough to snatch Pacquiao’s welterweight title last Sunday.Judges Chris Flores and Ramon Cerdan both scored the bloody 12-round, 115-113, while judge Waleska Roldan saw it 117-112.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsBut even if the panel scores the bout in favor of Pacquiao, the result can no longer be changed, according to the WBO.“The purpose of this review is to be able to give the fans certainty of who was the winner of the bout, even though we do not have the power to reverse the decision of the judges,” said Valcarcel. Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena
Thiago Silva celebrates after scoring the opening goal for Brazil Brazil made its way into the World Cup semifinals for the first time in 12 years by beating Colombia 2-1 Friday, with the goals coming from defenders Thiago Silva and David Luiz. Brazil, which had been eliminated in the quarterfinals at the last two World Cups, will next play Germany on Tuesday.Silva gave Brazil the lead in the seventh minute, scoring with his left knee after a corner from Neymar. Luiz added the second from a free kick in the 69th, sending a swerving long-range shot into the top of the net.Colombia got one back in the 80th when striker James Rodriguez scored his tournament-leading sixth goal from the penalty spot.Team Line-ups(from):Brazil: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Fernandinho, Paulinho (Hernanes, 86th), Oscar; Hulk (Ramires, 83rd), Neymar (Henrique, 88th), FredColombia: David Ospina; Juan Zuniga, Cristian Zapata, Mario Yepes, Pablo Armero; Juan Cuadrado (Juan Quintero, 80th), Fredy Guarin, Carlos Sanchez, James Rodriguez; Victor Ibarbo (Adrian Ramos, 46th), Teofilo Gutierrez (Carlos Bacca, 70th)
The Japanese Domestic Market has a new hybrid car, and it is none other the Suzuki Swift. The new Swift was unveiled by Suzuki a few days before 2017 began and the carmaker has now launched the hybrid Swift also.Currently, the Hybrid Swift is only on sale in Japan and Suzuki has not revealed any information about where else it will be sold. If you are wondering that the hybrid system in the Swift is similar to the SHVS system Maruti offers in its cars in India, stop!The New Hybrid Swift uses the same 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 91hp. Suzuki has gone ahead and added a 10 kW Motor Generator Unit (MGU) and a 5-speed Auto Gear Shift (AGS) gearbox. This combined system delivers an efficiency of 32kmpl.Currently, Suzuki is offering two hybrid models of the Swift tin Japan, the Hybrid SG and Hybrid SL. The hybrid SL even gets paddle shifters for a sport driving experience.Also Read: Honda WR-V vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara BrezzaAlso Read: GST: Maruti Suzuki models get cheaper by up to 3 per cent. Here’s why
The new — and currently hard to get — Echo Dot. Ry Crist/CNET Good luck trying to get the new Echo Dot with two-day shipping.Amazon’s most popular smart speaker is out of stock until early March, according to the company’s website. Target is also out of stock on its site and Best Buy’s stock was limited to two of the three available colors.”Customer response to the all-new Echo Dot has been incredibly positive,” an Amazon spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday. “We’re working hard to get it back in stock.”The Echo Dot, which costs $50 and first became available in October, was out of stock at times during the holidays, when customer interest for new gadgets was at its highest all year. The Dot, which competes directly against the Google Home Mini speaker, became the best-selling item on Amazon worldwide during the holidays.It’s less typical for an Echo device to run out during a quieter part of the shopping year. The company had promoted the Alexa-powered gadget during a Super Bowl ad on Sunday, which may have sparked interest.Amazon said customers can check the Echo Dot page online for inventory updates. The company will continue accepting new orders, but Amazon won’t replenish its virtual shelves until March 5 for its charcoal Dot and March 11 for heather gray and sandstone, its website stated Tuesday.Availability for some colors of the Echo Spot, Echo and Echo Plus are delayed until Feb. 10; other colors for those models are in stock. See it Amazon Echo Dot $29 Preview • Amazon’s third Echo Dot takes a few cues from the Google Home Mini Adorama See It Smart Home Smart Speakers & Displays Review • Amazon Echo Dot 3 review: Alexa’s best Dot yet plays defense 2 $49 News • Amazon Echo Dot deal: 3 for $70 See It $29 CNET may get a commission from retail offers. See It Best Buy Crutchfield $49 Mentioned Above Amazon Echo Dot (third-generation, Charcoal) Alexa Amazon Best Buy Google Tags Share your voice Comments
Mahindra, the diversified Indian business group with interests in automobiles, information technology and financial services, on Wednesday announced the formation of a Brazilian subsidiary that will eventually acquire a tractor distributing firm in the country.In a regulatory filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the company said that it has incorporated CMN Solutions Q013 Participacoes Ltd, along with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mahindra Overseas Investment Company (Mauritius).Read: Mahindra, Ola announce partnership to drive businessThe two companies will buy 100 percent stake in CMN Solutions to enable it to buy tractor distribution firm Bramont Montadora Industrial e Commercial de Veiculos S.A. (Bramont) in the company. Bramont is a shell company and has no operations as of now, Mahindra said.The cost of acquisition won’t exceed $8 million for Mahindra, according to the regulatory filing, which also said that the cash consideration will be paid upon approval by the Reserve Bank of India.Mahindra sold 2.14 lakh tractors in financial year 2015-16 and 12,327 in August this year.Mahindra shares ended at Rs. 1,407.50 apiece, down 0.16 percent from their previous close.For the quarter ended June 30, 2016, Mahindra posted 12.4 percent rise in net profit to Rs 955 crore on sales of Rs 11,800 crore.