Touch Football Australia’s official footwear supplier, X-Blades has another great deal for the Touch Football community, this time on their 2013 Legend Sleek boot.The 2013 Legend Sleek can be yours for just $100, a saving of $40, plus free shipping. To take advantage of this great saving, follow the link below and use the code ‘TFASL’ at checkout.http://www.bladesfootball.com.au/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_44&product_id=739 Stay tuned to www.austouch.com.au for more great deals from X-Blades. Related LinksX-Blades Promotion
The Government’s revenue target for this fiscal year will not be altered. Tax authorities and the Customs Department are examining the effects of the ban Minister Phillips pointed out that while the objective of the regulations is to reduce smoking overtime Story Highlights Minister of Finance and the Planning, Hon. Dr. Peter Phillips, says the Government’s revenue target for this fiscal year will not be altered.He was responding to a question submitted by Opposition Spokesman, Audley Shaw, in the House of Representatives on July 30, as to whether the ban on smoking in specified spaces would impact sales, and by extension the revenues expected from the tobacco industry.Minister Phillips pointed out that while the objective of the regulations is to reduce smoking overtime, the pace at which this will happen is not yet known.“What has been the general pattern is a sharp dip, which then levels off over time…and it is also the case that there is considerable leakage (of revenues) because of the extent of the contraband trade, which we are seeking to close,” he explained.Dr. Phillips noted that the tax authorities and the Customs Department are examining the effects of the ban, but the two weeks since it was implemented, would not give sufficient information as to a trend.“Therefore, we continue to monitor the situation…but I want to make it absolutely clear that the revenue number of the Government as a whole remains, and that there will be no slippage in relation to our overall targets for revenue,” he asserted.
The United Nations campaign highlighting the work of the world’s humanitarian workers has reached 100 million people through social media so far, the world body announced today, describing it as its “first milestone” that gets it closer to the one billion mark, which it aims to reach by World Humanitarian Day on 19 August.The campaign, ‘I Was Here,’ allows transmission of messages of support from people who have registered online across the world pledging humanitarian action, however big or small. Members of the public can then share their individual acts of good through the interactive website www.whd-iwashere.org.Organized by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), the campaign has gained momentum in the past few days following the video recording – in front of more than 1,200 fans, celebrities, humanitarian workers and dignitaries – on Friday night, at the General Assembly Hall at UN Headquarters in New York, of US performing artist Beyoncé singing the song “I Was Here.’The video of the song, which Beyoncé and songwriter Diane Warren donated to the campaign, will premiere globally on 19 August, with displays on big screens in the cities of Dubai, Geneva, Addis Ababa, as well as in New York City’s Times Square, among other locales.“Everyone can be a humanitarian. All it takes is one act to help someone else,” the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, Valerie Amos, said during the Friday night event, which was hosted by television journalist Anderson Cooper. “That’s the spirit of people helping people.”During the event, Mr. Cooper interviewing former child soldier Ishmael Beah, who fought in Sierra Leone’s civil war; Pernille Ironside, a UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) child protection officer; New York photographer Erin Dinan, whose non-profit organization One Sandwich at a Time feeds people living on the streets; and Laurent Vieira de Mello, whose father – a senior UN official, Sergio Vieira de Mello – died along with 21 other humanitarians in an attack in Iraq.The General Assembly proclaimed 19 August as World Humanitarian Day in 2008 to commemorate that attack, which took place at the UN’s offices in Baghdad’s Canal Hotel in 2003. In addition to killing 22 people, another150 people were injured.The Day aims to honor those who have lost their lives in humanitarian service and those who continue to bring assistance and relief to millions, in addition to drawing attention to humanitarian needs worldwide and the importance of international cooperation in meeting those needs.
The remainder of the awards are widely spread across a variety of productions at many of the city’s theatre companies, large and small, a sign of the health of the Toronto scene. Advertisement Facebook Advertisement The Musical Stage Company’s recent production of Fun Home, presented by David Mirvish, is the big winner in this year’s Toronto Theatre Critics Awards, picking up four prizes — or six, depending on how you slice it.Fun Home won Best Production of a Musical, Best Director of a Musical (Robert McQueen), Best Supporting Actress in a Musical (Cynthia Dale) and Best Actress in a Musical, to be shared by the three performers who play the character of Alison Bechdel at various points in her life: Hannah Levinson, Sara Farb and Laura Condlln.Another highly acclaimed musical, Mr. Shi and His Lover by Wong Teng Chi and Njo Kong Kie, picked up three awards: Best New Musical, Best Actor in a Musical (Jordan Cheng) and Best Supporting Actor in a Musical (Derek Kwan). The Macau Experimental Theatre/Music Picnic/Point View Art Association production, which tells the story of a French diplomat who falls in love with a mysterious opera singer, played at Tarragon Theatre. Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Laura Condlln, Hannah Levinson and Sara Farb, shared the lead role of Alison in Fun Home and also share the Best Actress in a Musical award from the Toronto Theatre Critics. (ANDREW FRANCIS WALLACE / TORONTO STAR) Login/Register With: Twitter
APTN National NewsNiagara Falls may be the honeymoon capital of Canada, but for this week, the Assembly of First Nations is turning it into an arena to discuss natural resources.More than 800 Indigenous leaders and business people sat down to talk business.APTN National News reporter Donna Smith was there.
Gas Emergency 24-Hour Service: 1-800-663-1173 If you are contacting Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. (PNG) about a concern with your natural gas services, such as gas odor or an emergency involving natural gas, please do not e-mail us, please use the phone number listed above.If you smell that rotten egg, sulphur smell of natural gas, or hear the flow of escaping gas, here is what you should do:Leave the building immediately; leaving the door open and any windows that may already be open.Don’t smoke, light matches or operate electrical switches including your cell or telephone, or create any source of ignition.Turn your gas off at the meter, if you know how.Use a nearby phone to call the PNG 24-hour emergency line at 1-800-663-1173, or 911, or the fire department emergency number.Other Contacts Residents of the Old Fort have expressed anger over gas just being turned off. Many are asking why gas was only turned off today and not when the evacuation happened.A spokesperson with Pacific Northern Gas says the gas was turned off on Wednesday due to safety concerns of the Regional District. The spokesperson said the Regional District had expressed concerns that some residents were entering the evacuation area and trying to re-light their gas equipment.The gas should only be off for the day and PNG will help residents get their homes back online.Here is the full statement from the PRRD website:PNG has isolated the gas service in the Old Fort evacuation order area as a result of the gas-related safety concerns for the residents and public in the affected zone.In the event that the evacuation order is lifted PNG will immediately provide technical resources to assist the community to relight appliances and inspect for any natural gas service related issues. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Pacific Northern Gas has turned off natural gas service in the Old Fort.The Peace River Regional District posted a message Wednesday morning on their website saying Pacific Northern Gas has isolated gas service in the area of the evacuation order.The notice goes onto say that if the evacuation order is lifted PNG will help residents relight any appliances and inspect natural gas service. Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. Customer Care Center:8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays – 1-800-667-2297General Customer Service InquiriesEmail: CustomerService@png.caCall before you dig – BC ONE CALL: 1-800-474-6886You can also contact the following departments:Ebill Customer Service InquiriesEmail: CustomerService@png.ca
FORT NELSON, B.C. – The Government of Canada has announced that it will be investing in safety at the Northern Rockies Regional Airport.According to the Government, the $356,680 in funding will go towards the purchasing of a new grader which will be used to maintain the runways, taxiways, and aprons.Minister of Transport, Marc Garneau, says it is important to invest in airports in order to support economic growth and to maintain the safety for all users. “Our Government recognizes that local airports are major contributors to the economic growth and social well-being of smaller communities. In addition to supporting travel and tourism, local airports are key connectors for business, health care, social services, and emerging resource development sectors. These investments will improve access to safe, efficient and accessible air transportation options, and will help us deliver on our promise to build safer, healthier and stronger communities across Canada.”Funding for the Airport comes from Transport Canada’s Airports Capital Assistance Program.To date, the Federal Government has invested more than $11.7 million in ACAP funding for 15 safety projects at the Northern Rockies Regional Airport.To learn more about ACAP funding, you can visit the Government of Canada’s website.
London: Britain has asked EU leaders to delay Brexit until June 30, Prime Minister Theresa May told parliament on Wednesday, on eve of an EU summit in Brussels. May said she had written to EU President Donald Tusk “informing him that the UK seeks an extension to the Article 50 period to June 30”. “I don’t want a long extension,” she said, warning that a longer delay would mean Britain having to hold European Parliament elections at the end of May. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from US”The idea that three years after voting to leave the EU, the people of this country should be asked to elect a new set of MEPs is, I believe, unacceptable,” she said. “As prime minister, I am not prepared to delay Brexit any further than June 30,” she said. In the letter to Tusk released by Downing Street, May said she intended to bring the Brexit deal she has negotiated with the EU back to parliament even though MPs have rejected it twice by overwhelming margins. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential polls”If the motion is passed, I am confident that parliament will proceed to ratify the deal constructively. But this will clearly not be completed before 29 March 2019,” she wrote, adding that the timetable for passing the necessary legislation to allow Brexit was “inevitably uncertain”. “I am therefore writing to inform the European Council that the UK is seeking an extension to the Article 50 period… until 30 June 2019.” Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Theresa May faced a cabinet revolt if she asked the EU for a long delay to Brexit, media reports said Wednesday, even after she had warned MPs of such a possibility. Downing Street confirmed that May would be asking EU leaders meeting in Brussels on Thursday to delay Britain’s March 29 exit day by only a short period, saying voters wanted to get on with Brexit. The decision followed a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, where several Brexit-supporting ministers reportedly indicated they might quit if the delay was long. Any delay can only be decided by EU leaders. One source was reported as saying that the divisions at the top of British government made it feel “like the last days of Rome”. May herself has repeatedly said she does not want to delay Brexit, but has conceded this is highly likely given the parliamentary deadlock over the process. MPs have twice rejected the divorce deal she struck with Brussels, and also ruled out leaving the EU with no deal.
Ohio State upperclassmen begin their fall camp. Senior wide receiver Dontre Wilson on the first day on fall camp. Credit: Jacob Myers | Assistant Sports Editor On Saturday, the 2016 Ohio State football team moved into their living quarters at the Hyatt in Columbus, just outside of the university, until all students move into campus on Aug. 20. On Sunday, the team hit the field for the first time this season officially inaugurating the fifth season under coach Urban Meyer.As has been tradition in the program, the freshmen practice in the morning with the upperclassmen practicing in the afternoon. The freshmen will join the rest of the team in practice on Monday. The team will practice at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center until Wednesday when they will head over to the fields at Coffey Road until Aug. 20. OSU will be back at the WHAC on Aug. 22 for the rest of the season.The Lantern was at the two practice sessions today taking in a few observations.Freshmen Michael Jordan (OL), Austin Mack (WR) and Antonio Williams (RB) practiced with the upperclassmen instead of the freshmen.New offensive line coach Greg Studrawa expects a lot out of his guys, including the freshmenAmong others, senior H-back Dontre Wilson was working the speed option with redshirt junior quarterback J.T. Barrett. Meyer said at Big Ten Media Days that Wilson could be one of the guys in the backfield for OSUFreshman Nick Bosa looked sharp and polished despite recovering from ACL injuryNo clear cut first team in the four individual session the media watchedPlaying time will be tough to come by at wide receiver. Nine upperclassmen, including Mack and excluding H-backs, vying for playing time.Barrett and Burrow showed on-par, if not above average, velocity on throws 10-plus yards
Maurizio Sarri’s constant brushes with Italy’s football authorities may probably cost him the chance of ever becoming Chelsea’s next boss, Sky Sports believes.A 20k Euro fine and two-game ban in January for a reportedly homophobic abuse of Roberto Mancini seem to be taking the west London club away from appointing him. The 60-year-old Sarri, however, denied being homophobic but was still banned for “directing extremely insulting epithets at the coach of the opposing team”.There are indications that Chelsea has so far refused to pay the £7m release clause being demanded by Napoli’s owner. But it’s his growing list of transgressions that could end Sarri’s chances of replacing Antonio Conte.There have been a series of transgression incidents involving Sarri, including an obscene gesture to supporters of Juventus in Turin, oral abuse of his own players and sexist remarks about female journalists.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.Even after his recent touchline spat with Mancini, the former Manchester City manager, when asked what happened, said:“You have to ask Sarri what happened. Men like him shouldn’t be in the world of football.“He is 60 years old and must be ashamed.”
Toby Alderweireld is in the right frame of mind now at Tottenham, despite making no progress with contract talksThe 29-year-old defender will be out of contract with Spurs at the end of the season and had been strongly linked with a switch to Manchester United in the last transfer window.But Alderweireld revealed that while there are no updates in regards to a new deal at the Premier League side, becoming a first-time dad has given him a new sense of optimism.“I’m the old Toby again. I try to do my best and help the team,” Alderweireld told Sky Sports.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.“How happy am I on a scale of one to 10? When you have a daughter it’s 10 out of 10. It doesn’t matter what happens. The joy that I get from that, I try to give it to my football.”As for a new deal at Spurs, he added: “Not that I can say, no. I’m focused on Spurs and trying to help the team. That’s all I can do.”Alderweireld has made nine starts for Spurs this season and is currently with the Belgium squad ahead of their Uefa Nations League games against Switzerland and the Netherlands.
The investigation found that the agency is swamped with applications and has failed to meet state and federal mandates for processing them in a timely manner. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Ombudsman led an investigation into the Alaska Division of Public Assistance following a steady flow of complaints regarding delays in processed applications and payments of assistance benefits. Currently the legislature is faced with two different versions of the state operating budget from the House and Senate. The House’s version would fund 41 temporary workers at the Division of Public Assistance, while the Senate’s budget does not include any funding for the positions. Governor Bill Walker has requested the Legislature approve the funding for the additional positions. One of the most crucial recommendations in state Ombudsman Kate Burkhart’s report of the investigation is to add personnel to deal with the communication problems and a backlog of roughly 20,000 applications. Since January 2016, the Alaska State Ombudsman has received a steady flow of complaints about delays in processing applications for and payment of public assistance benefits, as well as complaints about the lack of a meaningful way to contact or receive a response from the Division of Public Assistance (DPA) about the status of applications.