With 36 people killed in the violence triggered by supporters of the Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda sect, authorities are now establishing the identity of the dead and conducting post-mortems.“We have 17 bodies here; post-mortem examination is being carried out … We will inform the police once it is over. They will inform the families after identification is completed,” V.K. Bansal, chief medical officer at the civil hospital in Panchkula, told The Hindu.The Haryana government on Saturday said that no resident of Panchkula, the epicentre of the violence, had been reported missing, injured or killed.Also Read Take judge by air to Rohtak jail to pronounce jail term for Dera chief, orders HC High security in PunjabPunjab Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh said the State had beefed up security at vital installations and was ready to enforce curfew in sensitive areas again, if needed. “It has also been decided to extend the ban on mobile data services in the State till Tuesday (August 29),” he said, adding that 19 potential trouble-makers had been taken into preventive custody and the crackdown would continue ahead of the sentencing. The main leaders of Dera Sacha Sauda, who are likely to instigate followers, are either being taken into confidence or arrested.Capt. Singh said the curfew had been lifted in three districts and relaxed in the other areas.He said that police officers had visited all the 98 ‘Naam Sacha Ghars’ of the Dera in the State and recovered lathis, pipes, rods, axes and petrol bombs. Director-General of Police, Haryana, B.S. Sandhu said that while 30 people were killed in Panchkula, six causalities were reported from Sirsa. “As many as 34 cases have been registered till now by the police in the entire episode, and 552 people have been arrested. Investigations are under way,” he said. “The process of identification [of the bodies] has started and so far, we have identified 13 bodies and their families are being informed.”Sedition casesHaryana Chief Secretary D.S. Dhesi told presspersons that two cases of sedition had been registered against Dera followers and investigation was under way. “During the operation, the police recovered one AK 47 rifle and one Mauser rifle from the vehicle of a Dera follower, and two rifles and five pistols were recovered from another vehicle,” he said.He said peace was prevailing throughout the State and all security arrangements had been made for Monday, when the quantum of sentence would be decided.Also Read Dera head treated like any other convict: Rohtak Deputy Commissioner As many as 101 companies of paramilitary forces have been deployed in the State, while the Army has been deployed in Panchkula and Sirsa. Curfew has been relaxed in Panchkula and Sirsa, he said. Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Ram Niwas said that the efficient action taken by the security forces to disperse the violent mob in about three-and-a-half hours had prevented the situation from worsening.Haryana Deputy Advocate-General Gurdass Singh Salwara was sacked as he was seen carrying the luggage of the Dera chief while the latter was taken to Rohtak.
Shortest hole at longest US Open course could bring trouble MOST READ “It’s the business of basketball obviously so nothing is for sure, but here I feel like we can work that out and we’ll have a chance to do this again next year,” Durant said. “It’s easier said than done obviously, but that’s the goal. We want to keep this thing together and see how we can continue to keep getting better.”The group that recruited Durant in the Hamptons that day last summer has the same philosophy about winning more championships. Along with Curry that day were Iguodala, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson.“I do know me and KD had a conversation along with Draymond and Klay and Andre last year before he even showed up that that was kind of the identity of who we are as a team that we understand how important it is, the guys that are here,” Curry said. “You don’t want anybody to have to sacrifice in that sense, you don’t want to force anybody to take that approach but at the end of the day we know what’s best for us as a group going forward. We’re going to do everything we can to keep this team together. I’ll have that mindset, KD’s going to have that mindset, I know Dre, Shaun, all the guys that are up for negotiating a new contract. We’ll see what happens. The beauty of what I know of this team, we all want to provide for our families, we want to get all that we can out of this game while we still have the legs to do it, but there are no egos when it comes to that side of the equation when it comes to us as professional athletes.”Curry and Durant also heard from former President Barack Obama with congratulations, though Durant said he was most excited that among 200 messages was a text from a high school girlfriend he didn’t realize still had his number.While the Warriors haven’t formally met to discuss whether they will visit President Donald Trump’s White House as is customary for championship teams, Curry said his mind hasn’t changed from when he was asked earlier this year about the possibility. Coach Steve Kerr also has been outspoken about issues with Trump.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant smiles during an NBA basketball news conference on Wednesday in Oakland, California. APOAKLAND, California — Stephen Curry will likely go from being the NBA’s biggest bargain to signing the richest contract in the league at more than $200 million. And he looks forward to the nice payday.Yet the two-time reigning MVP and new NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant said Wednesday (Thursday Manila time) they would consider taking less money to keep the core of the champion Golden State Warriors intact.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide “Somebody asked me about it a couple months ago like the hypothetical if a championship were to happen what would I do and I think I answered I wouldn’t go. Still feel like that today,” Curry said. “But obviously as a team we’re going to have a conversation. This is a moment that we all need to enjoy together. Nothing should distract from what we were able to accomplish together and the different kind of ceremonies that have happened around championship-winning teams. We don’t want that to taint what we’ve accomplished this year so we’ll handle that accordingly and responsibly and do the right thing for us individually and as a group.” “It would mean everything. What we’ve built here is truly special, it’s unique, it’s something that you don’t want to see end at all,” Curry said. “All the pieces that we have are important to the equation of winning a championship and competing for a championship every single year. It is a business. There are decisions that need to be made every single year and you’ve got to assess the situation as it is.“… As we go into the talks and this whole process, which is obviously new for me, I will approach it to get the most out of it I can as an individual, as a player, and something that I’ve been working for for a very long time. In the context of keeping the team together, if there are decisions that need to be made, we’ll talk about it for sure.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutTwo days after capturing the franchise’s second title in three years against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Warriors prepared to part ways for what will be a busy offseason for general manager Bob Myers and the front office.Durant said he has “no question” in his mind he will be back with the Warriors. He hinted he would opt out of a deal that pays him the maximum he can get in order to help Golden State’s chances of re-signing players such as Andre Iguodala or Shaun Livingston — two key reserves on both title teams. 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire LATEST STORIES What ‘missteps’? Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ View comments