The Satna district police have arrested a local member of the right-wing Bajrang Dal on charge of setting fire to a vehicle used by a priest and seminarians. The priest and seminarians were detained when they were on carol singing for the Christmas season on a complaint by Dharmendra Dohar, 21, a resident of Bhumkahar village, who alleged that some people were asking him to convert to Christianity.“We have produced a person before the magistrate in connection with the incident in which a car was set on fire in the Civil Lines police station area,” Kamlesh P., head constable, said over telephone.The police have lodged a case under Section 435 against unidentified persons who set a vehicle (MP 19 CB 6701), parked very close to the Civil Lines police station, on fire.According to the police, the arrested person, Vikas Shukla, is a resident of Khamu Khuja locality, who reportedly set the vehicle afire. Mr. Shukla was later released on bail. On Thursday, on the basis of a complaint lodged by Mr. Dohar, Father M. George and a group of 30 seminarians were detained during the routine carol singing. In his complaint, Mr. Dohar alleged that some people were appealing him to convert. The police have registered a case against Father George and five others under Sections 153 (B), 295 (A). Eight priests who went to inquire about the detained priest and seminarians were also taken into custody. Later, a vehicle parked outside the police station was torched by unidentified people. The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India has strongly condemned the violent attack on priests and seminarians.On Friday, the Satna police produced Father George and the priests from St. Ephrem’s Theological College before the magistrate. Father George was released on bail the same day.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
Kendall JennerKendall Jenner walks the runway at Chanel fashion show Kendall Jenner has hit the runway once again… and people are loving it.Katie Holmes talks dating after Tom Cruise, focused on motherhoodKatie Holmes talks to Glamour magazine about dating after Tom Cruise, and says that she’s more focused on motherhood.Kristen Stewart’s whole new lookKristen Stewart was sporting a whole new look at the Chanel Fashion Show that really had heads turning.Kourtney Kardashian flaunts her baby bump in a bikiniKourtney Kardashian is proving just because she’s pregnant doesn’t mean she can’t still rock a bikini.Stars Shine at the Christian Dior fashion showCelebrities descended in Paris for the 2014 Christian Dior Fashion show at Paris Fashion Week.
World Cup World Cup WAGs: Shakira and the famous wives & girlfriends of Russia 2018 stars Emily Willson Last updated 1 year ago 20:00 6/14/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(2) Getty World Cup Premier League Goal takes a look at some of the wives and girlfriends of the biggest footballing talent at the World Cup.
KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Posted: August 7, 2019 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – County Supervisors Nathan Fletcher and Greg Cox will launch a program Wednesday to help mitigate the use of high-polluting vehicles around the county.Fletcher and Cox will hold a news conference to launch the County Air Pollution Control District’s “Clean Air for All” campaign, which will allow businesses, nonprofits and government organizations to replace their high- emission vehicles with more climate friendly options.Officials with the California Air Resources Board will also present the county with roughly $28.5 million in state grants to fund the program. Earlier this year, the CARB also awarded $2.5 million to the Air Pollution Control District to monitor air quality in Barrio Logan, Logan Heights, Sherman Heights and parts of National City.The news conference and check presentation will be held at the County Administration Center at 1600 Pacific Highway. The launch event is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter County to Launch High-Emission Vehicle Replacement Campaign August 7, 2019
Facebook News NETWORK ERRORCannot Contact ServerRELOAD YOUR SCREEN OR TRY SELECTING A DIFFERENT VIDEO Aug 21, 2018 – 3:13 pm Tank On Bringing The Feeling Back Into R&B Exclusive: Tank Talks Bringing The Feeling Back Into R&B Email Twitter The soulful singer/songwriter discusses the importance of putting passion behind the musicAna YglesiasGRAMMYs Aug 21, 2018 – 3:13 pm GRAMMY-nominated R&B singer-songwriter Tank has been crafting hits since 2001, so he definitely knows a thing or two about putting heart and soul into music. His most recent hit, and most popular song to date, “When We,” has spent the last year on the charts, proving that the R&B sound is ever-evolving. Tank On Bringing The Feeling Back Into R&B exclusive-tank-talks-bringing-feeling-back-rb We caught up with the artist backstage at Essence Festival 2018 in New Orleans to hear him share how he and others are changing the game by making “R&B music that feels like something.” Despite the almost two decades he has spent contributing to the R&B scene, he knows he has more to accomplish.”As long as you’re putting in the work, at some point…there will be a harvest,” Tank says, sharing his advice for younger artists.Catching Up On Music News Powered By The Recording Academy Just Got Easier. Have A Google Home Device? “Talk To GRAMMYs”
NASA Space At the time, some astronomers suggested a collision with another object could’ve caused the asteroid to start spouting off, but a new paper from an international team of researchers concludes that Gault was actually ready to come apart, perhaps even without an impact to trigger the breakdown.”This self-destruction event is rare,” co-author Olivier Hainaut from the European Southern Observatory, explained in a release. “Active and unstable asteroids such as Gault are only now being detected by means of new survey telescopes that scan the entire sky, which means asteroids such as Gault that are misbehaving cannot escape detection any more.” The paper will be published in The Astrophysical Journal Letters. The images from Hubble show Gault being trailed by two narrow tails of debris, indicating the material was thrown off in a pair of short bursts lasting between a few hours and a few days. Active asteroid 6478 Gault last night from the @INGLaPalma after discovery by @TheGenghisKen @fallingstarIfA . The ejected dust extends > 400,000 km, more than the Earth-Moon distance.From observations by @astrostevanus and @Sun_d_citizen @AstroQUB pic.twitter.com/Xc1ByV4OhJ— Alan Fitzsimmons (@FitzsimmonsAlan) January 12, 2019 The asteroid 6478 Gault as seen by the Hubble Space Telescope. Two narrow, cometlike tails of debris indicate that the asteroid is slowly undergoing self-destruction. NASA, ESA, K. Meech and J. Kleyna (University of Hawaii), O. Hainaut (European Southern Observatory) We first noted in January that an asteroid discovered decades ago was showing signs of transforming into a comet, but now astronomers using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope say the space rock may be completely falling apart.The 2.5-mile-wide (4-kilometer-wide) asteroid 6478 Gault is located in the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars, where it was first seen in 1988. Though it’s been observed by telescopes many times over the decades, it wasn’t until last November that scientists saw signs something was changing. By January, Gault had developed a cometlike tail of dust extending over 249,000 miles (400,000 kilometers). Sci-Tech Tags Post a comment There are around 800,000 known asteroids in the asteroid belt beyond Mars, but astronomers estimate that this kind of crack-up happens only once per year. The asteroid’s fragile state is attributed to something called the Yarkovsky-O’Keefe-Radzievskii-Paddack effect, or YORP torque. The basic idea is that electromagnetic radiation from the sun interacts with small objects like asteroids in ways that can cause them to spin faster and faster, becoming more and more unstable. “It could have been on the brink of instability for 10 million years. Even a tiny disturbance, like a small impact from a pebble, might have triggered the recent outbursts,” explained lead author Jan Kleyna from the University of Hawaii.Astronomers say the tails will begin to fade in the coming months as the dust disperses into space. That is, unless 6478 Gault continues to fall apart before our eyes. Share your voice 0
Taapsee Pannu’s act of pressing man’s private part in Mission Mangal causes controversy.TwitterTaapsee Pannu is yet again in a controversy for a scene in Mission Mangal new trailer that shows her pressing a man’s private part.The particular scene, which has been shot in a humorous manner, shows Taapsee’s character being taught driving, while she mistakenly gets her hand on to the driving teacher’s private part instead of the car gear. This leaves the man in deep pain and he screams.This clip from the Mission Mangal trailer is being widely shared on social media, with many netizens expressing disgust at the scene. Angry Twitterati not only have been trolling Taapsee for the act, they have also been lashing out on feminists for apparently not objecting to this scene.They opined that the feminists of the country would have lashed out to the makers of the film if the same scene had shown a man doing something like this to a woman. Some of them even slammed the makers of Mission Mangal for adding a “disturbing” scene in the name of humour.”That’s called toxic & cheap FEMINISM. Imagine the vice versa & see the rage on social media. One more thing men will go on riot mode ( laughing) at this scene. @taapsee#MissionMangalNewTrailer,” tweeted a person.”They made Mission Mangal to show India’s achievements or so that Tapsee Pannu can harass men? If Kabir Singh sl@pping a girl was wrong, Tapsee molesting a man is definitely crime,” wrote another.That’s called toxic & cheap FEMINISM. Imagine the vice versa & see the rage on social media. One more thing men will go on riot mode ( laughing) at this scene. @taapsee#MissionMangalNewTrailer pic.twitter.com/4cS6akJU1n— PROFESSOR VEER PAAJI (@SRKVEERSINGH) August 8, 2019 Peak feminism from @taapsee ?? https://t.co/YjlVZUNcRx— Arindam ?? (@bhattac_arindam) August 8, 2019 Well, it will be interesting to see if and how Taapsee or the makers of Mission Mangal would react to this criticisms.Apart from Taapsee, Mission Mangal also features Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Sonakshi Sinha, Nithiya Menen, Kirti Kulhari, Sharman Joshi among others.Directed by Jagan Shakti, the film is based on the true events of India’s first successful satellite launch to Mars. Mission Mangal will be released on August 15.
State Minister for power, energy and mineral resources Narsul Hamid and ENOC Group CEO Saif Humaid Al Falasi sign one of the MoUs. Photo: PIDBangladesh and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Sunday signed four memoranda of understanding (MoUs) on establishing port, industrial park, supply and setting up LNG terminal, power plants and a special economic zone in Bangladesh, reports UNB.Prime minister Sheikh Hasina witnessed the signing of the documents at St Regis hotel where she is staying.Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque briefed reporters after the signing ceremony. PM’s press secretary Ihsanul Karim and Bangladesh ambassador to the UAE Mohammad Imran were present.The government of Dubai and Public Private Partnership (PPP) authority under the prime minister’s office signed the first MoU to set up a port, dry port and industrial park in Bangladesh.Chairman of DP World Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem and Bangladesh shipping secretary M Abdus Samad signed the document.DP World said whenever they construct any port, they do not limit their activities to the port but set up an industrial park, said Shahidul Haque. “They’re thinking of a massive investment,” he said.”prime minister Sheikh Hasina told them to come to Bangladesh, and the government will extend all necessary cooperation to them,” the foreign secretary added.The second MoU was signed between Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) and the power, energy and mineral resources of Bangladesh to supply LNG to Bangladesh on a long-term basis and develop a land-based LNG receiving terminal in Payra.State minister for power, energy and mineral resources Narsul Hamid and ENOC Group CEO Saif Humaid Al Falasi signed the MoU on behalf of their respective sides.ENOC wanted 300 acres of land in Payra where they will construct the terminal.The third MoU was signed between Sheikh Ahmed Dalmook Al Maktoum and the Power Development Board of Bangladesh (PDB).The objective of this MoU is to set up integrated 800-1000 MW LNG power plant in two phases. Besides, there will be a 100 MW solar power project.Sheikh Ahmed Dalmook Al Maktoum and PDB chairman Khaled Mahmud signed the MoU on behalf of their respective side.The fourth MoU was signed between the private office of Sheikh Ahmed Dalmook Al Maktoum and Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).The focus of this MoU is on setting up a special economic zone in Matarbari.They wanted 300 acres of land where they will set up a company for investment.Sheikh Ahmed Dalmukh signed the MoU for his side while PM’s principal secretary Nojibur Rahman signed it for Bangladesh.By signing these MoUs, the foreign secretary said, the possibility of opening new door has been created for trade and business between Bangladesh and the UAE.
Photo: UNBThe largest Eid-ul-Azha jamaat (congregation) of the country was held at Sholakia Eidgah Maidan on Monday with the participation of thousands of devotees.Maulana Mohammad Hifzur Rahman conducted the Eid prayers. The devotees sought blessings for the countrymen and the Muslim Ummah.Two special trains ran between Bhairab-Kishoreganj and Mymensingh-Kishoreganj to facilitate the Muslims joining the country’s largest Eid congregation on the northern bank of the Norsunda River.Deputy Commissioner and Eidgah Management Committee President Md Sarwar Morshed Chowdhury said the 192th congregation was held peacefully.Mashrukur Rahman Khaled, superintendent of Kishoreganj police, said the devotees have completed their prayers without any problem.Tight security was put in place with members of law enforcement agencies guarding the congregation ground. Metal detectors were set up at the entrance and drone cameras were used for surveillance.Devotees were allowed to enter the ground after undergoing an exhaustive search.During the 2016 Eid-ul-Fitr congregation, militants had launched a surprise attack on a temporary police check post near the Eidgah, killing at least four people, including two policemen.