first_imgRory Kavanagh scored a goal and was superb throughout St. Eunans victory over Malin in the Donegal SFC this afternoon.St. Eunan’s delivered a very impressive second-half performance to earn a comfortable victory over Malin.Malin stunned the Letterkenny men last year and knocked them out of the Donegal SFC at the quarter-final stage.There was no repeat of that upset today, although Malin did give Maxi Curran’s side a fright with two first-half goals. Brendan McLaughlin and Paul McLaughlin fired home two clinical finished to give Malin a huge boost.St. Eunans also lost the inspirational figure of John Haran to a black card after just two minutes.But after the concession of both goals, St. Eunans responded very well on both occasions and went in at the interval level.Half-time score Malin 2-02 St. Eunans 0-08 In the second-half St.Eunans stepped it up a notch and delivered a fantastic performance and played at a tempo that Malin couldn’t live with.Rory Kavanagh was instrumental and his goal in the second period was the real killer blow as Eunans went on to record an easy win.Malin only scored four times in the second-half and they had no answers to a St. Eunans team that looked focused, hungry and determined.Final score Malin 2-06 St. Eunans 1-17.ST. EUNAN’S IMPRESSIVE IN COMPREHENSIVE WIN OVER MALIN was last modified: September 28th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal SFCMalinnewsSportSt Eunanslast_img read more

first_img8 November 2012South African business confidence in edged up marginally in October despite an unfavourable economic climate, the SA Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Sacci) said on Wednesday.Its Business Confidence Index (BCI) for October showed a 0.3 index point increase to 92, from 91.7 in September.The BCI in October was below its level from the same time last year, but was better than September 2012’s year-on-year performance, which reflected a 6.7 point difference.The BCI gauges the business community’s mood in response to economic conditions. It uses 13 sub-indices which include manufacturing, exports, imports, vehicle sales, construction, share prices, inflation, and the rand exchange rate.Sacci said there were improvements in seven of these sub-indices compared to three improvements in September.Both the financial and real economic sub-indices performed better in October than in the month before.Four changes were negative on a monthly basis, compared to six in September.The chamber said business had been broadly satisfied with the Medium-Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) presented by Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan at the end of last month.“To enhance business confidence, it is cardinal that delivery on the MTBPS framework prioritises those aspects which are key to economic growth.”Sacci said that despite the MTBPS, the outlook for the economy remained uncertain and would respond to critical policy decisions taken by the African National Congress at its leadership conference in December.It also noted concern about export and import trends.“The lack of competitiveness with the rest of the world appears to be a mounting problem. Foreign trade plays an important part in the business mood and reflects the openness of the SA economy.”Sapalast_img read more

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting The U.S. is ranked No. 1 in the world and will face the Czech Republic, Japan and Turkey during Group E games in Shanghai. The Americans will hold training camps in Las Vegas and Los Angeles in August, then have exhibition games in California and Australia before arriving in China.The U.S. is seeking its third consecutive World Cup gold medal.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated Atlanta Hawks head coach Lloyd Pierce reacts in the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Indiana Pacers Wednesday, April 10, 2019, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)Atlanta Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce has been added as an assistant coach for USA Basketball this summer, when the Americans will compete in the FIBA World Cup in China and try to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.Pierce is replacing Indiana Pacers coach Nate McMillan, who withdrew because of scheduling conflicts. Pierce, the Golden State Warriors’ Steve Kerr and Villanova’s Jay Wright will be the assistants under head coach Gregg Popovich of the San Antonio Spurs.ADVERTISEMENT Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Suns fire Igor Igor Kokoskov after 1 losing season PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss View comments MOST READ DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid LATEST STORIES Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess The World Cup stretches through Sept. 15. The demands of the schedule and the travel would have likely been too daunting for McMillan — whose Pacers are scheduled to open training camp not long after the World Cup gold-medal game, and will then travel to India for a pair of preseason games on Oct. 4-5.“It’s an honor to receive this opportunity to represent our country and to work with such great coaches and staff,” Pierce said. “My family and I are excited about and committed to enjoying this journey.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsPierce has history with U.S. men’s national team managing director Jerry Colangelo. When Colangelo was working for Philadelphia, Pierce was an assistant coach there.“He has demonstrated the ability in particular to be an outstanding defensive coach,” Colangelo said. “Also, it was evident during our time together in Philadelphia that he was a strong leader, players respected him a great deal. I think we’re fortunate to have someone of his abilities. I think he’s really a good addition.”last_img read more

first_img Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. Mumbai: Sounding a warning to their rivals, Sacramento Kings coach Luke Walton on Thursday promised high quality basketball as they gear up to take on Indiana Pacers in NBA pre-season friendly games, being held in India for the first time.The two NBA teams will clash in back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday. “We love the group that we have and even though we are a new group, we know how to play basketball, we know how to coach basketball. It’s about getting our team to come together,” Walton, the former LA Lakers forward, said.”No matter who is on the court, it’s going to be very high level basketball because both teams know how important it is to us, and how important it is to the NBA.”Kings player Harrison Barnes also promised to compete hard.”It is our first pre-season game and we want to get into rhythm. This is a start to lot more pre-season games coming here (in India),” Barnes said.Marvin Bagley, 20, said that the team would treat Friday’s clash as a normal game and his aim was to make it to the playoffs.De’Aaron Fox, who is with the Kings for the third season, said the team will have to quickly learn and these games are only meant for that purpose.The Sacramento players, who landed in the city after visiting the iconic Taj Mahal, participated in their training session where they performed their usual drills.Kings’ Indian owner Vivek Randive said he is super excited to be back the city of his origin.”I’m happy to be back in the city of my forefathers. These games are a first step in a long journey. I fully expect these games will continue and hopefully multiple players will come out of India and play in the NBA. And hopefully, we will have more arenas to play these games,” he said.Basketball will be the second most popular sport in India after cricket. Of course, cricket is a national pastime and in the land of (MAK) Pataudi and (Sachin) Tendulkar it will be difficult to replace that but basketball and India are meant to be together. basketballindiana pacersNBAnba in india First Published: October 3, 2019, 9:46 PM ISTlast_img read more

first_imgEverton, Crystal Palace move for Valencia striker Michy Batshuayiby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveValencia striker Michy Batshuayi is being offered a return to England.On-loan at Valencia from Chelsea for the season, Batshuayi has been told coach Marcelino wants him to cut short his loan this month.The Belgium international would prefer to stay, though the Guardian says two Premier League clubs are now in contact about bringing him back to England.Everton and Crystal Palace are both keen, while Olympique Marseille are also watching developments.For their part, Valencia want to move on Batshuayi to free up a loan slot for Marcelino’s squad. TagsTransfersLoan MarketAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgNEW DELHI: The Union home ministry has cleared a proposal to reopen the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases against Madhya Pradesh chief minister Kamal Nath, Delhi’s Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa said on Monday. “A big victory for Akali Dal. SIT Opens case against @OfficeOfKNath for his alleged involvement in 1984 Sikh genocide. Notification issued by MHA upon my submission last year, Case number 601/84 to reopen and consider fresh Evidence against Kamal Nath,” Sirsa said in a tweet.last_img read more

OSU then-sophomore attacker Colin Chell (22) prepares to shoot during a scrimmage against The Hill Academy on Jan. 30. Credit: Kylie Bryant | | For The LanternA stinging loss to No. 19 Marquette followed by a marginal win against Detroit Mercy was not what the then-No. 6 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team had in mind going into the Midwest Lacrosse Classic last weekend. But the now-No. 14 Buckeyes (5-1) have had a full week of practice to improve their play as they prepare to clash with Towson for their first game of the season at Ohio Stadium.The Tigers have stumbled to a sluggish 2-3 record this season with an 0-2 away record. But the Buckeyes aren’t counting them out, especially considering Towson’s previous performances against them.“This is a game that the last four years we’ve played them — twice last year and the two prior to that — you’re looking at two overtime games and two one-goal games,” Ohio State head coach Nick Myers said. “We anticipate it being a really healthy competition, seeing two teams collide and probably being something like that as it has been in the past.”The Buckeyes are 3-1 in the past four years against Towson, with their lone loss coming in the 2016 season by way of a 10-9 overtime decision. Last year, Ohio State managed a 6-3 mid-season win versus the Tigers, and followed that up with a dramatic 11-10 win in the NCAA semifinals, before losing to Maryland in the championship game. Towson brings Colonial Athletic Association player of the week Jon Mazza to the table. He is a 6-foot-4 junior attack who had a standout day for the Tigers in their 8-6 win against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County on Saturday. He recorded five goals and two assists. Myers specifically mentioned Towson junior midfielder Alex Woodall, who has won 72-of-105 draws, as a notable opponent for Ohio State’s own faceoff specialists — freshman midfielder Justin Inacio and sophomore midfielder Christian Feliziani. “They’re very disciplined. They typically don’t do anything to beat themselves, and they’re going to force you to beat them, which for us creates a really good challenge,” Myers said.Myers said Ohio State’s first loss on the road against the Golden Eagles on Friday created a sense of urgency among team members, forcing them to analyze the facets of their game that needed attention before going up against Towson. “I think it just starts with leadership, you know just taking that one-goal-at-a-time approach,” senior attack Colin Chell said. “I think it’s really settling the guys down, making sure we have good offensive possessions, making stops on defense, big ground balls at the [faceoff] and just taking it one possession and one goal at a time.”Saturday’s game will be the team’s first this season playing in Ohio Stadium, a fact that leaves players both excited and humbled.“I’ve been fortunate enough to play in there for three years – this’ll be my fourth year – and you know we’re just excited to get out there,” said Chell. “[We’re] pumped for these young guys to experience the Shoe – it’s a truly incredible experience.”The Buckeyes’ faceoff is slated to begin at 4 p.m. Saturday in Ohio Stadium. read more

first_imgAC Milan are a long way off from being in any position to challenge Juventus right now, admits club icon Paolo MaldiniThe Rossoneri are only 14th in the Serie A standings with just one win in their first three games of the new season.And Maldini, who returned to Milan this summer as a Sporting Strategy & Development Director, admits that it will take time to get the club back into a position to challenge Juventus.“Projects are important, but you can’t yet compare Milan to Juventus,” he told Sky Italia.“The anti-Juventus? Let’s be serious, we’re still a long way off being that,Mario Mandzukic, JuventusJuventus confirm Mario Mandzukic could leave this month Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Sporting director Fabio Paratici confirmed reports that Mario Mandzukic could leave Juventus for a move to an unnamed Qatari team.“We’re aiming to reach the top four in the league and have a great run in the Europa League.“This is a serious project, we want to take Milan back to the highest levels.”Milan last won the Serie in the 2010/11 season and have been unable to finish higher than sixth in the past five years.Gennaro Gattuso’s side will take on Dudelange in the Europa League on Thursday before another league fixture against Atalanta on Sunday.last_img read more

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, September 22, 2017 – Grand Bahama – Prime Minister of The Bahamas, Dr. the Hon. Hubert A. Minnis is expected to be the special guest at ‘A Taste of Port Lucaya’ on Friday, September 22, announced Minister of State in the Office of the Prime Minister for Grand Bahama, Senator the Hon. Kwasi Thompson, during a press briefing on Thursday.  While on island for his monthly visit, the Prime Minister will attend the cultural event.‘A Taste of Port Lucaya’ is an initiative of the Office of the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Tourism, the Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, BTC and the Grand Bahama Port Authority, and was created to boost economic activity in the Port Lucaya area.    It was “borne out of the need for the community to come together and to support those businesses in the Port Lucaya Marketplace.”Minister Thompson encouraged residents and visitors to all take part in the event on Friday.   Since its inception, at the beginning of August, the event has been supported however, there were concerns of lack of activity during the day.He noted, that a number of cruise ships have decided they will take port in Grand Bahama in the aftermath of recent Hurricane Irma.   This stop started today, when Enchantment of the Seas arrived in Freeport Harbour, with another scheduled stop for September 28.   The Majesty of the Seas will also come to Grand Bahama on September 30.   Minister Thompson said as a result of these stops, A Taste of Port Lucaya has been extended to also be held for a few hours during the day.   Plans are also being made so the activity will also be held in the downtown area.People were once again encouraged to participate in A Taste of Port Lucaya on Friday night as not only will be the MC be Will Stubbs , but included in the entertainment line-up will be the Royal Bahamas Police Force Pop Band.   Tabernacle Christian Academy will also perform and the evening will close with a Junkanoo Rush Out.By: Robyn Adderley (BIS)Photo Captions:PM TO VISIT ‘A TASTE OF PORT LUCAYA’ – Prime Minister of The Bahamas, Dr. the Hon. Hubert Minnis, should be a special guest at ‘A Taste of Port Lucaya’ on Friday, September 22. Announcing this on Thursday was Minister of State in the Office of the Prime Minister, Senator the Hon. Kwasi Thompson. Shown following the press conference are, l-r: Harcourt Brown, Senior Undersecretary, Office of the Prime Minister; Lady Naomi Wallace-Whitfield, Office Manager, Office of the Prime Minister, Grand Bahama; Raquel Beneby-Hart, Assistant to Minister Thompson; Sheena Miller, Marketing Manager, Port Lucaya Marketplace; Ivan L. Moss, Director, Port Lucaya Marketplace; DeCarlo Mackey, Burns House Ltd.; and Minister Thompson.  (BIS Photo/Lisa Davis)A TASTE OF PORT LUCAYA – ‘A Taste of Port Lucaya’ has extended its hours by being held for a few hours during the day.(BIS Photo/Lisa Davis) Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more